Any of us who have tried cleaning windows knows that it can be a major pain – often resulting in windows with more streaks than before we started! However, there is a tried and true window cleaning process that is, thankfully, pretty easy…
- First you need to remove your blinds or tie back your curtains.
- Next, you want to dust your windowsill and frame.
- Use a warm, soapy water mixture to scrub your windows, frame and sill. The less soap the better. Dishwashing liquid with water works well. This is the part of the process that removes all the more gunky stuff, like fingerprints and greasy streaks.
- Rinse with a damp cloth.
- Remove excess water with a squeegee, working from top to bottom (in a backward S motion for less streaks) and wiping your squeegee blade as you go for best results.
- Dry with a lint-free cloth, such as a chamois.
If all that sounds like something you would rather avoid, contact Reflections Cleaning & Maintenance – the clear choice for professional window cleaning and so much more!
Here are some additional, fun window cleaning facts/tips from Reflections Cleaning & Maintenance:
Cleaning windows works best on a cloudy day because sunlight can actually dry your windows quicker than you would like – leaving those pain in the #@* streaks again!
A natural alternative to your soapy water wash is lemon juice and water. You can also use vinegar and water, but lemon juice leaves behind a fresher scent ☺
If you don’t have a chamois for the drying portion of your window washing process, believe it or not, cloth diapers or old linen napkins work well too!